Statement on Brexit (10 February 2017)
Chairs and Presidents of seven UK learned societies concerned with linguistics and languages have released a statement in connection with Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union. The statement has been sent to key policy makers, including:
1. Minister of State for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, and Shadow Minister for Business.
2. Secretary of State and Shadow Secretary of State for Education.
3. Secretary of State for and Shadow Secretary of State for Leaving the European Union.
4. The Prime Minister, and the leaders of the major opposition parties.
5. The First Ministers of the three devolved administrations.
6. The Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Modern Languages.
BAAL is a professional association, based in the UK, which provides a forum for people interested in language and applied linguistics. We have an international professional membership of around 1000 members.
To read more about what applied linguistics is and does, click here.