Following the successful pilot of a new membership category, as reported at our AGM last year and in the current edition of BAAL News, BAAL is pleased to announce the opportunity to apply for a BAAL 2024 Solidarity Membership.
The solidarity membership category aims to support of the following current key priorities for BAAL:
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Developing our international outlook
- Multilingual representation
The scheme offers up to 10 fee-free annual memberships to applicants who meet one, or more, of the following criteria:
- Residency in a low- or lower-middle income country, as defined by the World Bank
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker status, anywhere in the world
- Currently without an institutional affiliation
- Currently employed on a fixed-term contract of 12 months or less, anywhere in the world
If you would like to apply for one of the 10 solidarity memberships, please send an email to the BAAL Membership Secretary, Rachel Wicaksono email@example.com, with the following information:
- Your name
- Which of the criteria above you meet
- Up to 250 words about your reasons for joining BAAL and your potential contribution to our organisation, related to the key priorities listed
Please send your email by Monday 4th March 2024 (midnight UK time).